• General Resources
- Special Events and Parades Ordinance (Chapter 12.25 Fremont Municipal Code)
- Special Event Sponsorship Program (SESP)
- Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) Licenses and Information
- Fire Department - Outdoor Cooking Guidelines
- Guidelines for Parade Floats
- Insurance Requirements
- Sample of Additional Insured Endorsement
- Basics for Safe Food Handling
- Rules and Guidelines for the Niles Town Plaza
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Traffic Plan Vendor List
• Site Plan
All Special Event Applications are required to include a site plan for each event. The site plan must include the locations of vendor booths, emergency access lanes, tents and other structures, and street barricade placement, as well as other information as noted in the application.
• Stages and Tents
Tents: All tents bigger than 10'10 require a tent permit.
Stages: Effective January 2019, all stages, including temporary stages at special events, will require a building permit from the City. This is a change in the California State Building codes due to accessibility requirements. Moving forward, all stages, regardless of height and size, would require a separate building permit from the City of Fremont.
Exemption to the City of Fremont stage/building permit would be if the stage is located in a separate jurisdiction, specifically in the following areas where you would need to work with that jurisdiction directly:
- Ohlone College
- Schools and Property of Fremont Unified School District
- Alameda County Buildings
If you have any questions regarding City of Fremont stages and tents requirements and the permitting process, please contact:
- Barbara Yee–Charlson, (510) 494-4561, Byee-Charlson@fremont.gov
• Environmental Services Resources
*Special events serving more than 2000 people per day are required to recycle according to State law (AB 2176). ANY event taking place on public property is required to recycle.