City of Fremont, California - Home Page
City of Fremont, California - Home Page

Go To Search
 
Choose from the alphabetized listing, category drop down, or enter a name, then select the Search option.

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL | ALL (10 per page)

Search Results:
  1 - 10 of 14 Listings Next 10 >> 
Ardenwood Historic Farm
34600 Ardenwood Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94555
View Map
Phone: (510) 796-0663
Link: Website
Ardenwood Farm
Centerville Pioneer Cemetery
Post St. and Bonde Way
Fremont, CA 94536
View Map
Centerville Pioneer CemeteryRecognized as an official state cemetery in 1859, the cemetery was started in the 1850s and the first burials occurred between 1853 and 1856. Some of Fremont's most well-known names are on the gravestones, including Herman Eggers and Roger Blacow. Other early pioneers include Captain Caleb Cook Scott, a native of Nova Scotia, who sailed his way around the Horn of Magellan in South America on his way to a new life in the Bay Area, and settled along side the Alameda creek near Niles.
Centerville Train Depot
37260 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94536
View Map
Train DepotOn May 29, 1909, the first steam-powered passenger train into Centerville received a big welcome. The Depot hosted passenger trains operating between Oakland, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Stockton, and Redwood City. Between 1910 and the early 1920s, the station served two or three daily milk trains. The Depot was used by residents to commute to work, out-of-towners visiting, and immigrants coming from the East. Southern Pacific retired the Depot on September 30, 1961.

On June 4, 1993, Fremont welcomed the return of passenger trains to the Station. In December, the City of Fremont acquired ownership of the Depot and began its restoration. Less than 12 of the 60 original depots between 1896 and 1916 exist today, and our Depot is the only one used in rail-passenger service.
Higuera Adobe
47300 Rancho Higuera Rd.
Fremont, CA 94539
View Map
Higuera AdobeHiguera Adobe, located at the foot of Mission Peak in the Warm Springs area of Fremont, is the last of seven adobes built in 1840 on Fulgencio Higuera's ranch. The structure consists of a large main room and two small bedrooms with dirt floors, and a stable. The adobe has been restored and furnished with handcrafted redwood furniture. Available for visits to view the exterior.
Leland Stanford Winery Historical Landmark
330 Stanford Ave.
Fremont, CA 94537
View Map
California Historical Landmark No. 642

Leland Stanford–railroad builder, Governor of California, United States Senator, and founder of Stanford University–founded this winery in 1869, which was originally the site of the fashionable resort for wealthy San Franciscans in the 1850s, the Warm Springs Hotel. The vineyard, planted by his brother Josiah Stanford, helped to prove that wines equal to any in the world could be produced in California.
Mission San José and Cemetery
43300 Mission Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94539
View Map
Phone: (510) 657-1797
Mission San José and CemeteryCalifornia Historical Landmark No. 334

Founded in 1797, this was the 14th of twenty-one Spanish missions established in California by troops under Sergeant Pedro Amador and accompanied by Father Fermín Lasuén. The mission opened for daily Mass and tours in 1985 after a four-year reconstruction. The only surviving building from the Spanish period, a monastery, serves as a museum that houses a collection of artifacts, vestments, and memorabilia. The cemetery holds the graves of many prominent Spanish and American settlers.
Niles Canyon Railway
Phone: (925) 862-9063
Niles Canyon RailwayExperience a fascinating interpretation of early California events by taking a train ride on what was known as the Historic Transcontinental Gateway to the San Francisco Bay.
Patterson House
34600 Ardenwood Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94555
View Map
Phone: (510) 791-4196
Link: Website
Patterson House
Shinn Historic House
1241 Peralta Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94536
View Map
Phone: (510) 795-0891 (leave a message)
Link: Website
Shinn House
Shinn Historical Park and Arboretum
1251 Peralta Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94536
View Map
Phone: (510) 790-5541
Link: Website
Shinn Historical Park and ArboretumThe buildings in this park represent three generations of ranch family life. Built in 1876 by pioneer and nurseryman James Shinn, the redwood Victorian ranch house is a treasury of authentic furnishings and memorabilia. The cottage, one of the oldest frame houses in the Santa Clara Valley, was built in the 1840s. Surrounding these structures are five acres of beautiful trees, rare plants and shrubs that Shinn collected from all over the world.

The park is open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
  1 - 10 of 14 Listings Next 10 >>