The City of Fremont is partnering with nonprofit Rising Sun Center for Opportunity to offer Fremont residents no-cost energy and water conservation services to help them lower their utility bills.
Through August 8, Fremont residents can sign up for a Green House Call. During their appointment, they may receive the following, all at no cost:
- Home energy and water efficiency assessment
- Installation of efficient LED light bulbs, showerheads, and faucet aerators
- Installation of Advanced Power Strip (approximately $50 value)
- Toilet leak detection test
- Information about Home Energy Analytics, a no-cost online service that analyzes energy use to identify energy waste in the home and help save money
The City is encouraging residents to utilize this opportunity to save money and positively impact the environment. Space is limited, and appointments are only available until August 8. To schedule an appointment, please call 510-665-1501 ext. 300 or visit Rising Sun.
Rising Sun is a local nonprofit that operates job training and employment programs for underserved youth and adults to address climate change and economic inequity. Green House Calls are supported by California utility customers and administered under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.