The Fremont City Council will hold a Special Meeting on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, located 3300 Capitol Avenue in Building A. The public is encouraged to watch or participate virtually, as we all work together to slow the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The following scheduled items appear on the Council Agenda:
- Anti-Gouging Ordinance - Adoption of an Ordinance of the City of Fremont
- Anti-Hoarding and Anti-Grouping / Social Distancing Ordinance
- Emergency Zoning Administrator Permit Process - Adopt A Resolution
- Adopt a Resolution Designating Agents to Enter into Agreements Related to Disaster Assistance
- Councilmember Salwan Referral (Co-sponsored by Mayor Mei): Eviction moratorium on residential and small business evictions for nonpayment of rent due to impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Temporary Moratorium and Emergency Regulations Related To Evictions
Measures are in place to provide social distancing in the Council Chambers and all meeting rooms. With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) encouraging the public to stay home if they are currently sick, showing symptoms, have knowingly been exposed to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), or have recently traveled to an infected area, we would like to remind the public of alternative ways to have access to City of Fremont Council meetings and providing public comments.
The public can view the City Council Special Meeting on the City of Fremont’s website, which also provides a link to the live stream; or, on Comcast Channel 27. Please note at this time, Channel 27 is only available to Comcast cable subscribers. We encourage community members to take advantage of this virtual option whenever possible and limit their attendance in large gatherings. In addition, to provide input on a topic or agenda item, correspondence to City Council will be accepted until 10:30 a.m. of the day of the meeting by sending an email to the City Clerk at CClerk@fremont.gov
View the March 27, 2020 Council Agenda.
For more information on essential services and updates on how the City of Fremont is monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), visit our Coronavirus webpage . General updates will be made to the City’s social media accounts on Facebook, Nextdoor, Nixle, and Twitter; follow our channels.