Downtown Fremont: A Place to Connect, Communicate, and Celebrate
Every community deserves to have a central Downtown place where people come to connect, communicate, and celebrate. Downtown is the "front porch" of a community where social and economic exchanges take place, celebrations are held, friends run into each other, and cultures mix.
Where is the Downtown Located?
Downtown is 110-acres anchored by Fremont City Hall and within walking distance to the Fremont BART Station. It is located north of Fremont Boulevard, south of Paseo Padre Parkway, west of Mowry Avenue, and east of Walnut Avenue. View
How are We Working to Enhance the Downtown?
The Downtown Community Plan
is the blueprint that will guide our work. This provides the development community with the direction and certainty that they need to invest in our community while preserving the goals and vision the community has for the Downtown.
Check out our slideshow to get a flavor of what we envision for the Downtown.
Current Downtown Activity
Downtown is already attracting private investment with the following projects:
- Urban Housing – A 300-unit mixed-use project under construction between Walnut and Beacon avenues and Liberty and California streets.
- Whole Foods – Proposed 40,000 square feet at Mowry Avenue and Paseo Padre Parkway. Construction to begin in the fall.
- Sunflower Farmers Market – Opened in May on Mowry Avenue.
- Two private mixed-use projects in discussion.
- Grant work to improve pedestrian connectivity between BART and Downtown.
Meet our Team
A Downtown Project Manager spearheads these efforts with the help of a Downtown Project Negotiator, key City staff, and external partners such as service clubs, the Fremont Chamber of Commerce, neighborhood organizations, arts and cultural organizations, and educational institutions.
- Sign up to receive notifications about the Downtown District.
- Connect with us: Facebook and Twitter
- Or, contact our staff:
Jessica von Borck
Downtown Project Manager
City of Fremont