The Planning Division, within the Community Development Department, is responsible for two primary functions:
- Assisting the City Council with planning for the City's future development (long-range planning)
- Reviewing proposed development projects for conformance with the City's adopted policies and ordinances (current planning)
Our division also participates in:
- Maintaining and implementing the City's General Plan, which guides City development decisions
- Providing information about planning, zoning, planning permit and landscape architecture requirements to the public
- Providing staff for the Planning Commission, Historical Architectural Review Board (HARB), and Art Review Board
39550 Liberty St.
Fremont, CA 94538
Ph: (510) 494-4440
Fx: (510) 494-4457
Staff Contact List
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.