Housing Scholarship Program for Students
Do you have to decide between paying your rent and continuing your job training program?
The innovative Housing Scholarship Program, operated by the City of Fremont, provides "rent scholarships" to income eligible applicants enrolled in vocational job-training programs. The goal of this program is to help students concentrate on completing their vocational training to ultimately achieve their career goals and to create a brighter future for their family.
To be eligible for the program, an applicant must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older, or an emancipated minor
- Support a family or have minor children
- Maintaining good credit history or working to repair it
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.8 or above
- Enrolled for a minimum of one quarter or 12 weeks in an eligible training program and have less than 18 months remaining for certification
- Committed to achieving a better quality of life for you and your family
Please contact the Housing Division at (510) 494-4500 or send an email
to apply for the program.