The mission of the Fire Prevention Division is to protect lives and property by reducing the factors which contribute to fires and environmental emergencies.
Inspection and Education ProgramsTo accomplish this goal, the Fire Prevention Division provides a variety of inspection and education programs, including:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) / California Accidental Release Program (CAL-ARP)
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) / Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC) for above ground petroleum product storage
- Hazardous waste generators / On-site hazardous waste treatment (Tiered Permit) fire inspection
- Plan review / incident and complaint investigations / public education
- Community care licensing
- Weed abatement (undeveloped parcels only) Minimum Abatement Standards
- Public school and educational facilities, large residential complexes, high-rise and institutional buildings
Electronic ReportingAll businesses in the State of California with reportable quantities (55 gal of liquids, 200 ft3 of a compressed gas, or 500 lbs of a solid) of a hazardous material or hazardous waste must submit their Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP), hazardous waste, and underground and aboveground storage tank data electronically to Cal EPA's CERS website.
FormsThe following forms can be printed, completed, and mailed to:
Fremont Fire Department,
Hazardous Materials Division
P.O. Box 5006
Fremont, CA 94537-5006
To perform a self-inspection of your business in order to assist you in complying with the fire code, use the following as a guidelines:
- Pre-Inspection Worksheet - please do not submit this to the department.
Fire Construction PermitsVisit the City’s Fire Permits webpage to learn about the different types of fire construction permits, how to obtain these permits, how to schedule inspections, and more.
For general questions, please call 510-494-4200.