Citizens Advisory Committee
- The CAC meets from November-April for the CDBG funding process and on an ad hoc basis when matters arise
- City Hall, Bldg. B, Training Room
Agendas and MinutesAgendas are available prior to meetings.
View Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
Open link above to view Agenda & Staff Reports.
If you encounter a broken link within an agenda or report, please contact the Human Services Division at 510-574-2050 for further assistance.
|Member||Appointment Date||Term Expires|
|Preeti V. Kristipati||03/09/21||12/31/24|
- Suzanne Shenfil - Human Services, Email, 510-574-2051
- Robert Lopez - Human Services, Email, 510-574-2043
- Shanti Jeyakumar - Human Services, Email, 510-574-2061
Advises City staff on the use of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, including capital and housing public service funds. Responsible for recommending approximately $900,000 in CDBG funds through a Request for Proposal (RFP) process. CAC members are appointed by the Mayor, which are voted on and approved by the City Council.
The primary purpose of the CDBG program is to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low and moderate-income persons.