2018/2019 Youth Basketball League:
The City of Fremont offers a recreational youth basketball league for boys and girls for grade levels from preschool through 8th grade. The league, sponsored by Washington Township Medical Foundation, has a season that runs December through February. Registration begins in mid-July. If low enrollment occurs, some leagues may be combined.
Basketball League Flyer 2018: TBA
Important Dates to Remember:
Preschool-2nd Grade: Week of December 1, 2018 3rd-8th Grade: December 1, 2018
Picture Day: January 19th, 2019
Picture Day Schedule: TBA
Preschool-2nd grade leagues and 3rd-8th grade leagues games are played on Saturdays at the Irvington Community Center, with some groups playing at other locations throughout Fremont. Due to a growing number of participants, games may be played on Sunday.
- Practices are held weekday evenings once per week and are only for the 3rd-8th grade groups!
- Practice times for all leagues are typically scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, OR Thursdays at night.
- Practices are for an 1 hour scheduled between the hours 5 PM and 9 PM.
- We do not take requests for a specific practice time, day, or location. This must be done randomly by City staff for the benefit of all players in all the leagues.
***Information for Pre-K and 1st-2nd Grade Group Leagues
- These leagues are instructional and game scores will not be kept.
- City staff will simulate game situations and help the children understand the game of basketball.
- The first two weeks of game days will be hour-long introductory practice, then the remaining seven weeks will be hour-long games.
- Children will be given the opportunity to demonstrate what they have learned in an actual game setting. City staff will coach all games. Parent volunteers will be asked to help during the games.
If you are interested in being a Volunteer Coach for the 2018 Youth Basketball League, 3rd through 8th grade divisions, please contact us when you register your player! Please email for information regarding coaching for the youth basketball league.