Information for Renters with Disabilities

The City of Fremont contracts with Alameda County Housing and Community Development Department to provide grant assistance (subject to availability of funds) for renters with disabilities. If the property owner approves the work, grant assistance may be used to make any of the following eligible accessibility improvements:

  • Installing ramps
  • Installing safety hand rails
  • Installing grab bars
  • Installing levers to replace door knobs
  • Upgrading showers, tubs, lavatories, and kitchen sinks
  • Installing long-handled faucets and more

For more information please contact the Alameda County Community Development Agency:

224 W. Winton Ave.
Suite 110
Hayward, CA 94544

Ph: 510-567-8280