Youth & Family Services Counseling
Strengthening Family Relationships
Parenting is a rewarding and challenging job. Children can change dramatically as they grow, and frequently parents are left wondering how to handle situations and need someone to turn to for assistance.
The City of Fremont Human Services Department offers multi-lingual and multi-cultural counseling for youth and families to help improve family relationships in times of stress or crisis, with special attention to early childhood development and adolescent issues.
Youth and Family Services has been helping Fremont families for more than 30 years by offering a variety of services:
- Counseling sessions for youth, adults and their families.
- Crisis intervention is available for Fremont and Newark youth and their families experiencing stress, communication, relationship and life challenges.
- Counseling and Crisis Support on School Campuses for students needing help with school adjustment, social, emotional, family or peer relationship challenges.
- Diversion Intervention Services is available for Fremont youth involved with crisis or traumatic events, as well as for first-time juvenile offenders.
- Truancy Intervention Services to support youth who are experiencing challenges with school attendance to meet educational and life goals..
- Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services are available to support youth ages 12-18 and their families struggling the impact of substance use and abuse.
- Early Childhood Counseling sessions for children ages 0-8 years and their caregivers.
- Caregiver Support through Family Partner Program and workshops.