Why Limit your Lake Elizabeth Experience to the Perimeter?
Discover the true lake experience by boat. Paddle boats are available on weekends and holidays April through August from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. The boating program does expand to 7 days a week starting mid-June through at least mid- August (depending on staff availability). Please call (510) 790-5541 for current information or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Paddle Boat Rentals
- Up to 4 passengers
- $12 per half hour
Paddle Boat Regulations
- All participants must wear and secure life jackets at all times.
- No swimming in the lake. No splashing of water.
- No pets of any kind are permitted in boats.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in boats.
- No pick-up, exchange, or movement from one boat to another is allowed.
- Any damages to boats inflicted during the rental is the responsibility of the patron.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in expulsion from the lake and a forfeiture of fees.
- Bring water wear for kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.
Private Boating Regulations
- One Coast Guard approved life jacket is required for each person on the boat.
- A $7 launch fee is required. A $50 annual launch card is available.
- No motor boats may be started in the lake.
Fremont Sailing Club
The Fremont Sailing Club (FSC) was established in 1968 and has their home waters on Lake Elizabeth.The FSC has the most active small boat racing fleet in the Bay Area. They do not loan or rent boats, but the FSC welcomes guests as crew on their member's boats when space is available. The FSC conducts races during the spring, summer, and fall months for all classes of small boats.
See the Fremont Sailing Club for more information about the club or to contact them directly.
Central Park/Lake ElizabethEmail
Fremont, CA 94538
(Near Sailway Dr. & next to the Boat Docks)
Sunrise – 10:00 p.m. (Daily)
Visitor Center Hours9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (M-F)
10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Sa & Su)Recreation Services
Picnic Use Packet
Facility Use Packet
Credit Card Authorization
Central Park Map
Special Event Application
Junior Sailing Program
Learn one of the most fulfilling and rewarding lifetime sports for the total outdoor summer experience! Students will be introduced to the fundamentals of safely maneuvering sail powered craft, rigging and de-rigging, and water safety while working in a supportive team environment with quality instructors. The days will be filled with sailing, and the total camp experience. This is perfect for adventurous kids 9 to 13 years old. Participants must be comfortable in the water. Life jackets will be provided, with a heavy emphasis on water safety. Swim test conducted at beginning of the week. Please bring swimsuit, towel, soft sole shoes, and change of clothes each day of camp. Bring a lunch.
Level II (FULL! Waitlist only...)
This Level II Junior Sailing Program is for students who have completed the Level I Junior Sailing Program, or have about 12-15 hours experience sailing as a skipper or crew. This class will teach some techniques and offer practice beyond the beginner course, such as light and heavy air techniques, more on right of way and simple race techniques. Participants must be comfortable in the water. Life jackets will be provided, with a heavy emphasis on water safety. Swim test conducted at beginning of the week. Please bring swimsuit, towel, soft sole shoes, and change of clothes each day of camp. Bring a lunch.