- Commission meets at least quarterly at 7:00 pm on the third Wednesday of the month. In 2020, meetings are planned for January, February, March, June, September, and December. Other meetings include annual work session with City Council and the annual Mobility Summit. Check the agenda for any changes to the standard meeting time.
- Development Services Center, Niles Room (check agenda), 39550 Liberty Street
- For meeting information call Transportation Engineering at 510-494-4745.
|Member||Appointment Date (anticipated)||Term Expires|
|Pedestrian Representative 1||12/10/2019||12/31/2021|
|Pedestrian Representative 2||12/10/2019||12/31/2023|
|Bicycling Representative 1||12/10/2019||12/31/2021|
|Bicycling Representative 2||12/10/2019||12/31/2023|
|Transit Representative 1||12/10/2019||12/31/2021|
|Transit Representative 2||12/10/2019||12/31/2023|
|Driving Representative 1||12/10/2019||12/31/2021|
|Driving Representative 2||12/10/2019||12/31/2023|
|Mobility Impairments Representative||12/10/2019||12/31/2023|
APPLICATIONS FOR THE MOBILITY COMMISSION ARE DUE ON MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019 AT NOON.
The Mobility Commission has the following responsibilities:
- Assist the city with the implementation of actions included in adopted transportation plans, including the Mobility Action Plan and other plans related to traffic safety, traffic congestion management, school access, walking, bicycling, new technologies, and regional transportation
- Help advocate for Fremont’s interests with regional agencies, including support for transportation funding
- Assist the city with public education, outreach, promotional activities in order to stimulate community participation in efforts such as safe routes to schools, traffic safety education, and use of alternative transportation modes
- To provide input on the preparation of new and updated transportation policies, plans, and projects
- To provide a forum to receive public comment on mobility topics