Development and Affordable Housing Fees

2021 Development Impact Fee Update

The City recently conducted an update to its Development Impact Fee (DIF) program. The update to Fremont’s five development impact fees includes the Fire Facility Fee, Capital Facility Fee, Traffic Impact Fee, Parkland Fee, and Park Facilities Fee. The technical reports and staff recommendations for the 2021 DIF Update are available below:

On March 25, 2021, a Development Stakeholders Meeting was held to present proposed changes to the City's development impact fees and receive stakeholder feedback.

On June 1, 2021, the Fremont City Council authorized adjustments to the City’s Development Impact Parkland Fee, Park Facilities Fee, Traffic Facilities Fee, Capital Facilities Fee, and Fire Facilities Fee based on a 2021 Comprehensive Nexus Study and the Annual Construction Inflation Index and establishing an affordable housing discount. For more information, please view the City Staff Report. The approved changes became effective on August 2, 2021.

 The City is providing the following information on the actions approved by the Fremont City Council regarding development impact fees and affordable housing fees in Fremont.

 Development Processing Fees

Development Impact Fee Actions

Affordable Housing Fee Actions

Other Agency Development Fees

  • Alameda County Water District ( See Development Services Department for information.
  • Fremont Unified School District ( See Facilities and Construction Department for information.
  • Union Sanitary District ( See Permit and Fees for information.  

For questions, please contact the City's Planning Division by email.