Development and Affordable Housing Fees
2021 Development Impact Fee Update
The City recently conducted an update to its Development Impact Fee (DIF) program. The update to Fremont’s five development impact fees includes the Fire Facility Fee, Capital Facility Fee, Traffic Impact Fee, Parkland Fee, and Park Facilities Fee. The technical reports and staff recommendations for the 2021 DIF Update are available below:
- Fremont DIF Update Background Report - FINAL - 5-17-21
- Fremont DIF Update Report - Capital Facilities Fee - FINAL - 5-17-21
- Fremont DIF Update Report - Fire Facilities Fee - FINAL - 5-17-21
- Fremont DIF Update Report - Parkland and Park Facilities Fees - FINAL - 5-17-21
- Fremont DIF Update Report - Traffic Facilities Fee - FINAL - 5-17-21
On June 1, 2021, the Fremont City Council authorized adjustments to the City’s Development Impact Parkland Fee, Park Facilities Fee, Traffic Facilities Fee, Capital Facilities Fee, and Fire Facilities Fee based on a 2021 Comprehensive Nexus Study and the Annual Construction Inflation Index and establishing an affordable housing discount. For more information, please view the City Staff Report. The approved changes became effective on August 2, 2021.
The City is providing the following information on the actions approved by the Fremont City Council regarding development impact fees and affordable housing fees in Fremont.
Development Processing Fees
Development Impact Fee Actions
- Development Impact Fee Annual Report for Period Ending June 30, 2021
- Annual Adjustments to Development Impact Fees; City Council Agenda Item, March 1, 2022
Affordable Housing Fee Actions
- Non-Residential Affordable Housing Ordinance and Fee Nexus Study; City Council Agenda Item 5A, June 20, 2017
- Draft Affordable Housing Ordinance Nexus Report; City Council Agenda Item, February 2, 2021
- Draft Affordable Housing Ordinance Financial Feasibility Study; City Council Agenda Item, February 2, 2021
- Market Update Memo; City Council Agenda Item, February 2, 2021
- Inclusionary Program Comparison Table; City Council Agenda Item, February 2, 2021
Other Agency Development Fees
- Alameda County Water District (www.acwd.org). See Development Services Department for information.
- Fremont Unified School District (www.fremont.k12.ca.us). See Facilities and Construction Department for information.
- Union Sanitary District (www.unionsanitary.com). See Permit and Fees for information.
For questions, please contact the City's Planning Division by email.