Coronavirus (COVID-19) Employee Resources
This is an unprecedented time in our organization’s history. We are working in conjunction with State and Federal agencies to provide resources to our Fremont team to help us through this emergency. We are encouraging all employees to stay calm, stay informed, and know that your health and well-being is important to us. Please check this space often as new information and resources for City of Fremont staff members will be provided here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Alameda County's website provides information and resources regarding COVID-19 vaccines such as State planning, vaccine frequently asked questions and more. Check this site for the latest information on local planning and vaccine distribution.
Federal and State Resources
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Vaccine Information
- COVID-19 Vaccines Information for Californians (CDPH)
COVID-19 Employee Resource Guide
The COVID-19 Employee Resource Guide outlines rules and resources intended to make the workplace as safe as possible for you.
Families First Response Act
The Department of Labor outlines the new Federal leave benefits that were recently created as part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The benefits go into effect and are available to covered staff members, effective April 1, 2020.
- Department of Labor Poster
- Department of Labor: Families First Coronavirus Response Act - Employee Leave Rights
- Department of Labor: Frequently Asked Questions
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Overview and Procedures / Employee Request Form for Emergency Paid Sick Leave and/or Emergency Family Medical Leave (Effective 4/1/20 to 12/31/20)
- City of Fremont: Emergency Responders Request Form for Families First Coronavirus Act Benefits (Effective 4/1/20 to 12/31/20)
Health and Wellness
Our COVID-19 response has required that we make many changes in our lives, but your regular benefits through the City of Fremont are continually accessible to you should you need them.
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Anthem Members
- Anthem Live Health Online: Virtual video visit information from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Blue Shield Members
- Blue Shield Teledoc: Teledoc virtual video visit information
- Kaiser Members
- Western Health Advantage (WHA)
- Self-Care Tips and Resources
- Kaiser is offering Coping with COVID-19 & Beyond Webinars to all City of Fremont employees, even if you are not a Kaiser member.
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) has issued guidance to employees whose work hours have been reduced as a result of COVID-19. Additional information can be accessed on the EDD website.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Managed Health Network (MHN) flyer includes information regarding COVID-19 and how to cope. Employees may contact MHN, toll-free, 24hours/day, seven days/week at (800) 242-6220 for assistance/help. (Company Code: Fremont)
Financial Resources and Information
- ICMA-RC: Participants may contact Retirement Plans Specialist, Chad Parilla by phone at (866) 749-5177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual meetings can also be scheduled online.
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions: Participants may contact Retirement Specialist, Kerry Avila by email at email@example.com. Virtual meetings can also be scheduled online.
Time Reporting and Teleworking Resources
Time Reporting and Emergency Activity Tracking Instructions
- Emergency Telework Policy
- Accessing Voicemail from Home
- Pulse Secure Setup Guide
- Getting Started with Microsoft Teams
- Effective Tips, Healthy Habits and Strategies for Telecommuting
Please note: The Updates on this page are in chronological order. The most current information is posted at the top.
- December 1, 2020: City of Fremont Employee Update | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- November 18, 2020: City of Fremont Employee Update | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- September 18, 2020: City of Fremont Employee Update | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- August 17, 2020: City of Fremont Employee Update | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- July 2, 2020: Update from City Manager Mark Danaj | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- June 30, 2020: City of Fremont - COVID-19 Employee Resource Guide | Mark Danaj, City Manager
Human Resources staff is available to support our employees in understanding the benefits and resources being offered. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.