Development Services Center
Development Services Center
The Development Services Center (DSC) is a one-stop shop for accepting, reviewing, and approving applications and construction documents for all types of projects. Zoning, Planning, Engineering, and Building Inspection staff members are available to answer questions and assist you.
Development Services Center Closed March 16 to May 3, 2020
Effective Monday, March 16 through Sunday, May 3, 2020, most City of Fremont facilities are closed to the public to align with the Shelter in Place Order issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Development Services Center located at 39550 Liberty Street in Fremont is closed. The Development Services Center is the City's one-stop shop for accepting, reviewing, and approving permit applications and construction documents for all types of projects. During this closure, the City will not be processing permits.
Staff are available by phone or email to provide assistance and answer questions. Please see the contact information below.
- Building Inspection: 510-494-4400 or email
- Code Enforcement: 510-494-4430 or email
- Development Services Center: 510-494-4443 or email
- Housing: 510-494-4500 or email
- Planning: 510-494-4440 or email
- Plans and Permits: 510-494-4460 or email
- Sustainability: email
For more information and updates to City services, please visit the City's Coronavirus webpage.
Visit the DSC to obtain a building permit through the Plans and Permits Division. Building permits are needed for all new construction or alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, or repair of existing homes, buildings, or structures. To apply for a permit, bring the completed application and your plans to the DSC. The amount of time it takes to review plans and issue a permit will depend on the type of project. For more information, contact the Plans and Permits Division at 510-494-4460.
Find useful information to research the zoning and permitting history of a building or project. You can also submit a record request form via fax at 510-494-4820 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In many instances, records can be copied for a nominal charge.
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Introducing Citizen Access, the City of Fremont’s new online tool for looking up permitting information on a specific property, checking on the status of a permit, requesting a building inspection, and submitting a complaint to the City's Code Enforcement division. Citizen Access is quick, convenient, and easy to use. Visit Fremont.gov/CitizenAccess to get started.
Save Time! Save Money!
- Submit your project plans by email.
- Over-the-counter plan check appointments can also be scheduled during normal office hours. Call 510-494-4461 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment you will receive a response within 24 hours.
- Please be advised that expedited plan check reviews are not available at this time. We will continue to monitor this and provide updates when available.
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Development Impact and Affordable Housing Fees (effective starting 7-1-2019)
- Development and Permit Fees in Master Fee Schedule
- Electrical Code Review and Permit Fee Schedule
- Fire Code / Alarm / AFES Application and Permit Fee Schedule
- Mechanical Code Review and Permit Fee Schedule
- Plumbing Code Review and Permit Fee Schedule
Tell Us How We Are Doing!
We are continually trying to improve our services. If you were issued a permit within the last year, please take a moment to take our quick survey. Thank you!