Traffic Signs and Signals
To report a traffic signal malfunction, please call 510-494-4745 during business hours or email us.
If you are reporting after hours, during the weekend, or on holidays, please leave a voice mail with complete details and your contact information. We will respond to your call as soon as we are in the office. If the situation is urgent, such as an intersection's signal lights are flashing red or the intersection is dark, please call the Fremont Police Department's non-emergency line at 510-790-6800.
Report DetailsWhen you report a malfunction you should include:
- Intersection street names and the travel direction
- Approximate time and date of the malfunction
- Description of the problem, such as:
- Flashing signals
- Turned signal head or lamp outage (including the direction of travel controlled by the signal head and whether it is mounted on a mast arm or pole)
- All dark signals (indicating power outage)
- Signal phases displaying short green lights when there is a lot of traffic, or long green lights when there is no traffic
- Automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians are not detected (please specify direction of travel)
Report missing or damaged street signs to the City of Fremont Maintenance Division at 510-979-5700 during normal business hours. You may leave a voice mail or email us.
Missing or destroyed stop signs should be reported immediately. If you are reporting this during non-business hours, please call the Fremont Police Department at 510-790-6800.