Film Permit

Permit Information

Discover Fremont's filming opportunities! Located within Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area, Fremont offers a variety of locations:
  • Historical districts
  • High-tech industries
  • Picturesque lake
  • Numerous parks

Permit Requirements

  • It is not lawful to conduct film activity within the City of Fremont without obtaining a film permit (exceptions to the City's Ordinance shown below)
  • Film permit application must be submitted at least 15 business days in advance of the first day of filming for major productions and 10 business days for small productions.
  • Complete Indemnity and Hold Harmless Form.
  • Complete Insurance Certificate and Additional Insured Endorsement ($1,000,000 General Liability insurance naming the City of Fremont as additional insured)
  • Applicant must obtain the permission and/or lease for private property not owned by the City of Fremont
  • No Application Fee
  • City Parks - still photography $200/day, video $400/day
  • Additional fees and charges may be required for filming on City property, use of City equipment, Patterson House at Ardenwood Historic farm and for City Staff
Film Permit Exemptions
If your film activity includes one of the following, a permit is not required:
  • Film activities conducted for the purpose of reporting on persons, events or scenes which are in the news for newspapers, television news and other news media
  • Film activities conducted at a Fremont film studio, where film activities are the sole purpose of the establishment
  • Filming activities for use in a criminal investigation or civil or criminal court proceeding
  • Non-commercial filming activities conducted on private property solely for private or family use
  • Commercial still photography, or staging thereof, when conducted to the exclusion of other filming activity when the photography will not take place on City property and will not require the parking of more than two motor vehicles on any public street within the City of Fremont

Submit Film Permit

To submit an Film Permit Application, please either 1) fill out an application, print and return it to:

    Fremont Police Department
    Attn:  Film Permit Unit
    2000 Stevenson Blvd. PO Box 5007
    Fremont, CA  94537-5007

2) Click HERE for the application. OR

3) Complete the online form (link on the menu to the left)

More Information

For more information, contact Geneva Bosques at the Fremont Police Department at (510) 790-6957.