• General Resources
- Special Event Ordinance (Chapter 12.25 Fremont Municipal Code)
- Alcohol Beverage Control Application
- Fire Department - Outdoor Cooking Guidelines
- Guidelines for Parade Floats
- Insurance Requirements
- Sample of Additional Insured Endorsement
- Basics for Safe Food Handling
- Rules and Guidelines for the Niles Town Plaza
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Traffic Plan Vendor List
• Site Plan
All Special Event Applications are required to include a site plan for each event. The site plan must include the locations of vendor booths, emergency access lanes, tents and other structures, and street barricade placement, as well as other information as noted in the application.
• Stages and Tents
Tents: All tents bigger than 10'10 require a tent permit.
Stages: Effective January 2019, all stages, including temporary stages at special events, will require a building permit from the City. This is a change in the California State Building codes due to accessibility requirements. Moving forward, all stages, regardless of height and size, would require a separate building permit from the City of Fremont.
Exemption to the City of Fremont stage/building permit would be if the stage is located in a separate jurisdiction, specifically in the following areas where you would need to work with that jurisdiction directly:
- Ohlone College
- Schools and Property of Fremont Unified School District
- Alameda County Buildings
- Barbara Yee–Charlson, (510) 494-4561, Byee-Charlson@fremont.gov