The City of Fremont is pleased to announce that starting March 4, 2019, Fremont residents planning simple upgrades to their home can obtain the necessary building permits online.
As the City streamlines the permitting process for these types of express permits, the option to obtain these permits by fax will no longer be available. The City is encouraging applicants to start using the easier online process. It improves customer flow at the permitting counter, saves time and money, and reduces paper clutter. It’s a win-win for the City and the Fremont community!
Online express permits are available for the following residential projects:
- Minor electrical panel upgrades
- Minor electrical work such as re-wiring or adding circuits
- Furnace replacement
- Addition or replacement of an air conditioning unit
- Water heater replacement
- Repair of gas, water, or drainage lines
- Window or patio door replacement
- Non-structural bathroom remodels
- Non-structural kitchen remodels
To get started, applicants need to submit a building permit application and any supporting documentation by email. The turnaround time for issuance of online express permits is within one to two business days.
For more information, please visit ExpressPermits or call the City’s Plans and Permits division at 510-494-4460.