Mobility Task Force
- 7:00 p.m.
- Third Thursday of each month
- Planned meeting dates are: October 19, November 16, December 21, February 15, March 15, and April 19
- Development Service Center, Niles Conference Room, 39550 Liberty Street
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings
- Application period is July 11, 2017 through July 31, 2017 (Application)
- Interviews with the most qualified applicants are planned for August 2, 2017 through August 10, 2017.
- Selection of Task Force members will be made by Mayor Lily Mei, with consultation from City staff, and subject to approval by the City Council. Council action on Mobility Task Force selection is proposed for September 5, 2017.
- The Task Force membership is proposed to represent a variety of community perspectives including: residents from each Council District; a representative from the Planning Commission, Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, and Environmental Sustainability Commission; and local businesses and professionals involved with the transportation industry.
- Sheila Marquises, Senior Transportation Engineer, Public Works Department, Email, 510-494-4747
The creation of a Fremont Mobility Task Force was initiated by Mayor Lily Mei and approved by the City Council at their meeting on May 16, 2017. The purpose of the Task Force is to guide development of a Mobility Action Plan addressing Citywide traffic congestion issues, the safety of all travel modes, and future transportation trends, such as autonomous vehicles. A professional consultant is planned to be available to assist the Task Force and City staff to understand current issues and plans, explore transportation improvement ideas, conduct outreach with the community, interview other stakeholders and experts, and prepare a Mobility Action Plan. A mid-effort work session with the City Council is planned for January 2018 and Council approval of the Mobility Action Plan is proposed for May 2018.